PRP means "Platelet Rich Plasma". Plasma is the clear part of the blood that is obtained after passing it in a centrifugation machine thatseparate red and white blood cells.
There is a concentration of Platelet in the plasma which represent small corpuscles that normally play a role in coagulation, but used here for their regenerative properties: they contain many growth and regeneration factors.
Your own blood is therefore collected with a special syringe that will separate the plasma from the platelets during centrifugation.
No additives are added, it is your pure plasma that we work with!
The PRP thus obtained may be injected into a joint or in the vicinity of a tendon or ligament, and the growth factors may then exert their protective and regenerative effects.
Arthrosis Treatment with PRP
- osteoarthritis of the knee
- osteoarthritis and periarthritis of the shoulder
- osteoarthritis of the foot and ankle, etc.
Sports injuries treated with PRP
- patellar tendonitis
- Achilles tendinitis
- involvement of the tendons of the shoulder
- epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- epitrochleteitis (tendinitis of the golfer)
- muscle breakdown
- after an operation on ligaments or cartilage, to accelerate and promote healing
Treatment of painful scars with PRP